For those who went all the way back here on the blog to find out when Brickadia began: That was on the 20th of April, 2017. Long before this release.
- Added WIP kitchen map.
- Brick grids can now be chunked.
- Brick replication now works based on chunks.
- Mesh clusters are now generated separately for each chunk.
- Faces hidden between adjacent bricks are now culled from the mesh clusters.
- Added basic painting tool.
- Added basic delete tool.
- Procedural bricks can now be placed in the world.
- Added sideways building support and a few bricks that use it.
- New player model with new idle/walk/run/strafe/fly animations.
- Upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.19.0.
- Added a configurable draw distance limit.
- Massively reduced server-side memory usage of brick replication.
- Main Menu and Pause Menu buttons now have sound effects and animations.
- Multiple optimizations to async brick mesh building.
- It is now possible for players to raise/lower their hands.
- Added sounds for brick drag/place/delete.
- Jumping repeats while space is held down.
- You can pick bricks from the world to quickly place more of the same type.
- Parsing save files and preparing bricks now runs in an async task.
- Moving the mouse to the edge of the screen while building now rotates the camera.
- Players now have names above them.
- Added a command to display the brick count (/brickcount).
- Added an indicator for whether brick replication is currently streaming updates.
- Loading a build now shows a message saying how many bricks were loaded.
- Main menu logo updated.
- Basic movement now works with a controller.
- Fixed mouse not being captured properly on game start.
- Fixed missing character shadow in first person.
- Fixed UI upscaling being enabled beyond 1080p.
- Fixed brick icons being pixelated on less than 1080p resolutions.
- Fixed brick replication ignoring the bandwidth limit and saturating the connection.
- Fixed various bugs with markdown messages in chat.
- Fixed bad transparency sorting on ghost bricks (made them not transparent).
- Fixed chat messages designated for the host being sent to all clients instead.
- Fixed crash when loading a save file before the brick assets are loaded.
- Fixed console spam when chat messages appear onscreen.
- Fixed not being able to load a save file whose name contains special characters.
- Fixed incorrect collision on legacy bricks.
- Fixed servers randomly freezing after a few minutes.