The fourth patch for Alpha 5 is now available. We've added new melee weapons, many new cosmetics, and fixed quite a few bugs. Read on to learn more.
New Melee Weapons
Never bring a knife to a sword fight. Wait, that's not a sword, that's an axe! Did that guy just THROW it? We've added a small collection of medieval melee weapons including multiple swords and axes for you to use in your servers.
New Player Parts
Patch 4 comes with 30 new player parts and even some stickers. From more striped pieces, to new hats, to goblins, there's something for everyone. Or maybe you'd rather add fish fins, a zipper and a wind-up key? How about a duck bill?
And Even More
As usual, we only highlight a few headline changes in updates; there's way more to find below, read on!
Detailed Changelog (CL6701)
This is an exhaustive list of every change in the patch.
- Updated icon for Deathmatch game mode.
- Can now copy colors from the avatar with middle click.
- Slightly improved tooltip on the avatar viewport panel.
- Updated Gold emoji.
- The maximum number of teams in a minigame is now limited to 50.
- The Round Time now has a minimum of 5 seconds, if not set to infinite.
- Added Pulse Carbine, a sci-fi rifle with very high rate of fire.
- Added Arming Sword, a light one handed melee weapon.
- Added Zweihander, a heavy two handed melee weapon.
- Added Battle Axe, a large two handed weapon with two attacks.
- Added Hand Axe, a light one handed melee weapon that can be thrown.
- Stick Grenade projectiles now spin while flying.
- Added kill icon for Stick Grenade.
- Added Health Potion. Drink to recover 50 health.
- Auto Shotgun now fires slightly more bullets per shot with less spread.
- Added Striped wrist.
- Added Striped arm.
- Added Striped torso.
- Added Striped Thin torso.
- Added Heel boot.
- Added Undercut hair.
- Added Messy hair.
- Added Balding hair.
- Added Salakot hat.
- Added Lowered Hood hat.
- Updated Cap hat.
- Added Quiver.
- Added Layered Chestplate.
- Added Scout Pauldron.
- Added Enforcer Pauldron.
- Added Goblin Nose.
- Added Goblin Ear.
- Added Fins.
- Added Double Fins.
- Added Triple Fins.
- Added Wind-Up Key.
- Added Zipper.
- Added Laurel Crown.
- Added Toga.
- Added Cloth Belt.
- Added Many Belts.
- Added Infrared Goggles.
- Added Parrot Beak.
- Added Bunny Ear Headband.
- Added Duck Bill.
- Added Racer.
- Added Textless Racer.
- Added Skull Shirt.
- Added Polo Shirt.
- Added Space Shirt.
- Added Cowboy.
- Added Tunic.
- Updated to latest 4.26.2 fixes from Epic. There have been some Vulkan related fixes.
- Updated compilers to VC 16.9.2, Clang 11.1.0 and updated local dependencies.
- Updated NVIDIA DLSS 2.1 plugin.
- Fixed multiple crashes caused by editing properties in the minigame editor.
- Fixed crash attempting to remove a team that doesn't exist.
- Fixed crash trying to access weapon properties from animation worker threads.
- Fixed crash trying to access reverb settings from the audio thread after they had already been garbage collected.
- Fixed failing to remove a player part by dragging still causing it to be revealed in the catalog on releasing the mouse.
- Fixed being unable to load a save file with double click when it is already selected.
- Fixed some incorrect icon texture groups.
- Minor changes to the display name of Medium and Short hair.
- Fixed striped parts using different shades of gray.
- Fixed several stickers causing the torso to darken.
- Fixed Bow not being in the Medieval category.
- Fixed Knife not enabling light gear footstep layer.
- Fixed weapons appearing in wrong pose for a single frame when equipped.
- Fixed ability to freeze servers using specific minigame configurations.
- Fixed inverted permission check for using
- Fixed unassigned team settings being reset when changing between Sandbox and Deathmatch game modes, now they are migrated properly just like custom team settings.
- Fixed loading a minigame preset that creates new teams displaying correctly in the editor, but failing to actually create the teams on applying the changes.
- Fixed non-default reverb settings persisting when leaving a server and joining another that uses default.
- Fixed being unable to interact with interactive bricks by using the E key in minigames with brick painting permissions disabled.
Detailed Changelog (CL6781)
This is an exhaustive list of every change in the patch.
- Save files can now compress the embedded screenshot as jpg if that results in a smaller file size.
- Improved display of ban durations in UI and chat, it now summarizes the time as "expires in 5 minutes" etc. instead of displaying overly accurate millisecond timestamps.
- Improved display of ban rejection messages, now displays the summarized time left till expiration instead of a timestamp in the host's time zone.
- Improved responsiveness of item catalog tab, icons are now generated before bricks so you aren't stuck waiting on them.
- Added per-team option to disable the camera blocked effect for players. Disabling player collision on a brick now uncovers faces of adjacent bricks with collision enabled, so there is no longer the problem of players unintentionally seeing through the entire build.
- Improved sitting pose, it no longer offsets the player to the back.
- Can now blend other emote animations and flail arms while sitting.
- Darkened the camera blocked effect to prevent "flashbang" in dark environments.
- Melee weapons can now actually swing up and down depending on your aim. This brings first and third person animations much closer in sync.
- Melee hit verification on the server side now works off the first person pose for players in first person, significantly reducing false hits.
- Improved Arming Sword, Handaxe, Zweihander, and Battleaxe swing animations.
- Health Potion heal amount now scales with the size of the item.
- Improved Health Potion pickup materials.
- Added ability to change the moonlight intensity at night.
- Added ability to change the moon visibility in the night sky.
- All environment sliders now preview changes live as you drag them.
- Added Flat Bill hat.
- Added Camo.
- Added Camo Lashes.
- Added Furrowed.
- Added Furrowed Lashes.
- Added Neutral.
- Added Bug Eyes.
- Added Triple Eyes.
Servers & Hosting
- Added setting to disable the camera blocked effect outside of minigames.
- Updated to latest 4.26.2 fixes from Epic.
- Fixed crash closing the game while blog images are loading.
- Fixed flipped condition for marking a team as deleted when loading a new minigame preset. This fixes some cases of obsolete teams not getting cleared up.
- Fixed applying a minigame preset that changes team settings back to the default value failing to actually apply those changes on submit.
- Fixed allied teams setting displaying at the bottom of the team settings in a second "Basic Settings" category.
- Fixed allied teams setting breaking due to newlines being replaced with "\n" when opening the editor on an existing minigame.
- Fixed item catalog jumping around on screen a lot when trying to fill minigame starting items.
- Fixed attempting to scroll a long list in a combo box also scrolling the outer view.
- Fixed missing icon for Wave emote.
- Fixed bug causing weapons to fast forward when triggering some actions that require a minimum wait time late, i.e. second melee swings being too fast.
- Fixed equipping weapons causing players to stand up from crouching.
- Fixed being able to put away a charged Handaxe.
- Fixed Bow charge duration being slightly too long, causing it to be out of sync with the nocking sound.
- Fixed one frame animation flicker when switching between two weapons, caused by the engine caching animation relevant properties before updating the state for the current tick.
- Fixed multiple cases of weapons not using additive animations, breaking sitting and crouching when using them.
- Fixed multiple cases of animations getting stuck after unequipping weapons.
- Fixed being able to overcharge your health with Health Potions.
- Fixed broken replication of fog settings for late joining players.
- Fixed ground becoming bleached when setting the accent color to a brighter one.
- Fixed ground missing always relevant flag so it would not replicate when far away.