Brickadia Alpha 4 Patch 1 (CL3642) [28/09/2019]
Weapons and Minigame Updates
We've added a placeholder zoom feature, made various balance changes, and added a whole series of minigame features. We've also fixed some bugs with the weapon networking that might have been making your online experience less than excellent.
We've added a new helper for building; the Guide Tool, which can (currently) help you to build circular structures without using an external generator tool. We've also done several things to improve the usability of the existing tools, and fixed various bugs here as well. We've added cool new bricks and optimized the existing ones.
You can now make your builds more immersive than ever before with the new environmental sound settings. You'll find these in the Plate environment menu.
And much more
We've added a bunch of new hats, fixed issues with the animations, and allowed you to jump while crouching. We've improved many of the settings UIs in the game. There are too many more miscellaneous updates to summarize here, so please see the full changelog below for more details on this.
We've also fixed all reported crashes that originated from Brickadia code. Thank you for submitting an impressive 1061 reports since the launch of Alpha 4!
- Added ability to zoom in by holding the Z key. This is intended to be a placeholder for proper scopes later.
- Headshots are now indicated by a separate icon next to the weapon icon in the killfeed.
- Disabled gibbing players on radial damage. Direct hits with rockets still gib players.
- Various weapon balance changes/improvements.
- Added direct damage falloff curve feature for projectiles. Not yet used.
- Fixed rocket jumper flinging you to the left in first person.
- Fixed rocket launcher not applying impulse on direct hits.
- Added Goal Point mechanic. You can now place Goal Point bricks that allow players to win a round by clicking them.
- Added Allied Teams feature for Deathmatch game mode.
- Added per-team setting to allow using checkpoints.
- Added option to allow players in minigames to stack on top of each other.
- Added option to give points for suicide in Deatchmatch game mode.
- Added option to give points for damage dealt in Deathmatch game mode.
- Clamped the health set by minigames to a minimum of 1HP.
- Gameplay Permissions (in Minigames) are now also Server Permissions. You can't grant permissions in your minigame that you don't have yourself.
- Added new Gameplay Permission to forbid players from teleporting themselves in minigames.
- Fixed Bricktionary not properly detecting the builder leaving the minigame.
- Fixed button to leave the current minigame only being visible while having the minigame selected.
- Fixed deathmatch rounds ending twice if the timer runs out after someone wins.
- Fixed being able to escape the default minigame by creating another minigame.
- Fixed Bricktionary continuing to clear the builder's bricks after they left.
- Fixed "You will respawn when the next round starts" message showing.
- Fixed join message showing for players joining the default minigame.
- Fixed round end message when all living players win.
- Fixed respawn timer staying on screen when forcibly respawned.
- Added Guide Tool. Currently, it can visualize pixel circles to help you build round things.
- Added ability to drag over multiple bricks with the Brick Selector to expand your selection.
- Added display of the current brick size while using the Brick Resizer.
- Added ability to see the size of any brick by middle clicking with the Brick Resizer.
- The paint tool now defaults to painting both palettes at the same time when left clicking. Added advanced options to restore previous behavior.
- Upgraded the ghost brick visuals to make it more obvious when they're unplacable.
- Separated the key binding for switching paint columns so it can be rebound separately.
- Fixed being able to place bricks fully underground on plate.
- Fixed middle click with Hammer to find out ownership of bricks not working through water.
- Fixed ghost not appearing when pasting a selection while looking at the sky.
- Fixed rotating the ghost for a selection in detached mode teleporting it away.
- Added resizable Tile Wedge brick.
- Added new Pine Tree brick.
- Added new Bush brick.
- Fixed collision shapes on all foliage bricks.
- Fixed 1x1 cone collision.
- Fixed extremely inefficient geometry on all smooth shaded bricks. In a (very unscientific) test with an average build, this improved the fps by 10%.
- Fixed skylight intensity and fog settings not replicating properly.
- Fixed ground collision on plate ending before the map.
- Fixed resetting the lighting scenario in studio to default resulting in darkness.
- Updated the vita gummies label in Studio.
- Added environmental audio feature. You can now choose an ambient soundscape and reverb settings that fit your build in the environment settings.
- Added sloshing sounds for walking in knee height water.
- Fixed background music cutting out in game.
- Improved display of numeric properties in settings menus. Most properties now also have physical units.
- Replaced multiple confusing 0-1 float properties with percentage sliders.
- Color properties (like team color) now use the color wheel widget instead of 3 text boxes.
- Improved the color wheel widget to use live sliders with percentages for every value.
- Fixed floats sometimes being displayed with too many digits, like 0.100000003.
- Fixed text saying that you can't use modifiers when binding a mouse button to an input action.
- Added ability to jump while crouching, along with new animations for it.
- Added new animations for walking slowly.
- Reduced movement speed by 20%.
- The game now remembers your last used camera perspective when respawning.
- Added advanced option to disable the camera interpolation when switching between first and third person perspective.
- Revamped the player's legs to reduce similarity to a certain other player.
- Fixed certain emotes being usable while holding items, resulting in broken animations.
- Fixed crouching blocking your view when holding a two handed weapon.
- Fixed jump animation still playing when jump height modifier is set to 0.
- Fixed first person hand animations.
- Added Bandana hats.
- Added Pith hat.
- Added Roman Helmet hats.
- Added Football Helmet hat contributed by Trogtor.
- Added new faces contributed by Aeonara.
- Renamed "Native Chief" hat to "Headdress".
- Fixed geometry on Verihauka hat.
- Fixed bee hat not retaining its customized colors properly.
- Fixed cowboy hat not being capitalized properly.
- Updated all branding with the new version of the logo that more closely resembles the studs used in the game.
- Added shortcuts to the user data folders in appdata next to the executable.
- Added a timeout to killing your own player.
- Added a timeout to clearing your own bricks, and stopped it from doing anything if you have no bricks.
- Added missing ingame emoji, cleaned up some of the existing ones.
- Added option to disable the builtin mouse smoothing.
- Added controller stick sensitivity options.
- Added ability to specify a ban reason with the /ban command.
- Fixed not seeing a confirmation message when banning offline users.
- Fixed being able to ban users with higher roles than yourself while they are offline.
- Fixes and improvements to input descriptions in the controls settings.
- Fixed ammo counter being shown in situations where it didn't make any sense.
- Fixed water applying damage every tick, resulting in loud noise.
- Fixed an unintended phrase being in the Bricktionary word list. Was supposed to be an internal joke only.
- Fixed players having strange tooltips in the player list if a role they have is deleted.
- Fixed being able to use the server list in offline mode, resulting in a crash when joining a server.
- Fixed being able to teleport to/from dead players.
- Fixed blueprint error in tool pie menu.
- Fixed engine not using the correct game thread sync mode for least input latency by default.
- Fixed unnecessary "camera" debug command being available.
- Fixed crash using Bricks.Load command in the main menu.
- Fixed crash in reading inter-chunk brick replication updates.
- Fixed crash in weapon reconciliation caused by inconsistent replication.
- Fixed crash when inserting a brick that is too large in a chunk.
- Fixed crash when saving only your own bricks, while not owning any bricks.
- Fixed crash reading brs file with invalid owner indices. SMH. Make your generators properly!
- Fixed crash in ruleset code.
- Fixed crash when closing the game while loading.
- Fixed crash when parsing too short string as a web guid.
Brickadia Alpha 4 (CL3414) [07/09/2019]
Weapons can be spawned in the Items tab of the brick catalog and go in a fancy new inventory that you can access using 0-9 (the building quickbar having been moved to Q). Once one bar is open, 0-9 will select things from it. Weapons are very dangerous! Some of them can blow brickheads apart, literally, so be careful.
You might not know what a Minigame is, but weapons are useless without them! You can't hurt other people unless you're both in the same minigame, so get used to the new Minigame settings menu and all its many options. You can make teams, play different gamemodes, and even change your characters' capabilities and movement speeds! Take a look. It's all there.
A New Place To Build!
The new Peaks map has been released (or at least, an early preview), and with it many new environment settings for you to enjoy. The Peaks environment, it turns out, is fully dynamic, and can be explored at your leasure. As this map, like the very first version of Studio back in 0.2, is still very much a work in progress, we'd appreciate your suggestions on what to add next!
We've added not one, but two new settings menus - one for the game, and one for your server. Only people with permission can edit your server settings. And this includes the permissions themselves, which are now fully customizable in UI. There's no JSON editing required - we aren't a pre-alpha any more!
And Content Too!
We've added near enough a hundred new bricks, and several new decals and faces. We've added wedges, a staple feature of every cool build, and hundreds of crests too. But that's not all, because...
Tools Go Even Further.
Two new tools were added to the game in the final months of development. This means the Resizer Tool, which can resize (almost) every brick in the game to any size you need up to 200x200x200. But it also means the Selector Wand - an amazingly powerful tool that lets you delete, cut, copy and paste multiple bricks at once. Productivity in Brickadia has never been easier than this.
- Added a weapon inventory to all characters. (access with keys 1-0 by default)
- Added a weapon spawn menu to the brick catalog. Right mouse will remove items from your inventory again.
- Added custom, state-based weapon system with many lag compensation features to mask up to 300ms of latency when using them. Supports hitscans and projectiles.
- Add projectiles and explosions.
- Added an ammo count to the HUD.
- Added Assault Rifle.
- Added Rocket Jumper. Can cause dismemberment.
- Added Pistol with Suppressed Pistol variant.
- Added Revolver.
- Added Rocket Launcher.
- Added Shotgun.
- Added Sniper Rifle.
- Added Submachine Gun.
- Added Suppressed Pistol.
- Added unique hitmarkers and hit sounds for hits, headshots and kills.
- Added water.
- Reworked environment settings dialog, adding many more settings for the fog, sky and ground on plate.
- New Peaks map with its own sky/fog/water environment settings.
- Tweaks to lighting on bricks and in various maps, enhancing the game's appearence.
- Added a custom, highly customizable game rules customization system called Minigames. Minigames allow for you to craft new experiences for your players, with or without Brickadia's sandbox features. Build any kind of deathmatch, or tweak the default sandbox experience.
- Added ability to create persistent or default minigames.
- Added Sandbox gamemode.
- Added Deathmatch gamemode which adds lives, rounds, auto-sorting, score and more.
- Added Bricktionary gamemode which adds a Builder team for which one player is chosen to play. The players outside this team must guess what the builder is making before time runs out. Supports custom words, chat message hiding for people that guessed the word and more.
- Added custom HUDs for each gamemode depending on the gamemode's settings.
- Added damage settings within minigames, including Self Damage, Physics Damage, Weapon Damage, and Environment Damage.
- Added "Water Damage Per-Second" setting for all minigames.
- Added "Players Use Bricks From" setting for all minigames, including Owner Only, Members, TheirOwn and TheirOwnAndTrusted.
- Added player Speed, Health, and Jump Height modifiers within the team settings.
- Added Respawn Invincibility Time as a per-team setting.
- Added player collision toggle as a per-team setting.
- Added per-team gameplay permissions such as flying, flashlight, suicide, sprint, build and spawn items.
- Added per-team health regeneration.
- Made the player list divide players into teams, adds new columns for some gamemodes.
- Added /jointeam and /leaveteam chat commands.
- Can now join teams from the player list.
- Added spectator camera able to view players and float around.
- Add speedhack prevention to character movement to detect people trying to move too slowly or quickly by passing an incorrect system time to the engine update function.
- Added nametag options to the team settings.
- Player nametags are now bolded for people in the same minigame as you, and coloured by team if so. The player list sections act the same way.
- Added screen effects for taking damage.
- Added the Brick Resizer. Allows you to resize most bricks to any size you wish them to be.
- Added the Selector Wand. Allows you to select groups of bricks with a box and delete, cut, copy and paste.
- Added pie menu to select tools. Hold G by default.
- Removed the free camera building mode.
- Added the detached building mode. Allows you to build with the numpad while still moving. Right click to enter this mode.
- Added all-axis rotation
- Added proper overlap testing. Two wedge bricks can now occupy the same grid space provided they do not collide.
- Added an option to remember row drag spacing between placing rows of bricks.
- Bricks are now aligned to one another by their studs when building. This means that you will place inverted ramps only by the section of their bottom with studs.
- Added microshift mode (UNLIMITED POWER!)
- Added procedural Ramp Crests.
- Added procedural Ramp Crest Ends.
- Added procedural Wedges (horizontal and vertical)
- Added procedural Ramp Crest Corners.
- Added Plant brick.
- Added Branch brick.
- Added Bush brick.
- Added Hedge bricks.
- Added Sausage brick.
- Added Ice Cream Cone and Ice Cream Swirl bricks.
- Added Flower, Small Flower and Fern bricks.
- Added Pine Tree brick.
- Added Spawn Point brick. Paint it the color of a team to have that team spawn there.
- Added 1x1 and 2x2 Side Lip bricks.
- Added the Check Point brick. If the minigame enables Check Points, you can click on this brick to respawn on it next time you die. Your Check Point will save in any ruleset that remembers Check Points, including the global ruleset.
- Added 8x8 lattice brick.
- Added 2x2 corner bricks.
- Added stackable Step Ladder brick.
- Brand new options menu with Graphics, Audio, General and Keybind settings tabs.
- Added key rebinding.
- Added seperate volumes for Master, Music and SFX.
- Added ability to mute the game when not focussed (off by default).
- Brand new server settings menu available to players with permissions, containing server options and role permission settings.
- Added tooltips to all settings in customization menus, including options, minigames, server settings and environment settings. Uses the new Inspector system.
- Added set to default button to most settings.
- Made the options menu fully live, with settings updated as you change them.
- Added ability to turn on fall damage and self damage outside a minigame.
- Added Traffic Cone hat.
- Added Zombie face.
- Added Cool face.
- Added Cat face.
- Added Criminal face.
- Added Magic School Uniform decal.
- Added Cute Blush face.
- Added Builder hat.
- Added High-Vis Vest decal.
- Added Military Helmet hat.
- Added Native Chief hat.
- Added Bucket hat.
- Added Fedora hat.
- Added Robotron face.
- Added Masked face.
- Added Creepy Monster face.
- Added Bee hat.
- Updated to Unreal Engine 4.22.
- Allowed typing console commands in the dedicated server console.
- Vsync now defaults to enabled.
- Rewrote the chat text parser and added markdown and markup support for Bold, Underline, Italic, Code, and Emoji.
- Added a preview of any chat message with markdown as you type it.
- Made item/brick search with Ctrl-F actually work.
- New audio engine. No more audio thread bug.
- Created a new default avatar.
- Many optimizations to the brick engine for both loading and placing bricks.
- Fixed the framerate tanking from physx when placing bricks with a million bricks present in the world.
- Jumping off a ramp will now jump in the direction of that ramp.
- Increased the walkable slope angle from 50 to 51.
- Added kill feed. Reports all relavant kills (all if not in a minigame, otherwise only those from the minigame you're in)
- Added thumbnails to the player customization menus.
- New promote and demote sounds
- Added proper respawn countdown.
- Added new main menu music, and environment.
- Added ingame music with options menu setting for when to play.
- Added walking (hold C)
- Placing and deleting bricks now adds the name of the brick type to the undo/redo message.
- Added new character look up/down animations.
- Added crouching.
- Added sprinting.
- Added new crosshair texture.
- Replaced all checkboxes with a custom checkbox graphic by vitawrap.
- Added short interpolation to players looking up/down to reduce the external suddenness of someone switching into first/third person.
- Added Server.Status console command.
- Added Chat.Broadcast console command.
- Deleted the bls loader, bls2brs should be used instead.
- Added decimal seperator to various counts.
- Changed the default time of day on Plate to 9am.
- Added new first person jog animation.
- Removed the secret pre-alpha death sound due to copyright concerns.
- Prevented opening the ingame console, or even running console commands, without authentication.
- Made tool permission checks happen on the server side, resolving possible cheating.
- Limited the screen space that chat can use, making it go onto multiple lines.
- Removed the original controls (F1) help dialog.
- Holding down undo/redo now repeats the undoing/redoing until released.
- Changed how footsteps work, and also their sounds.
- Disabled /SetSpawnLocation for now
- Add animation for interacting with things. Clicking rapidly will cause your character to flail their arms.
- Updated the gummy jar label in Studio to reflect the new player... girth.
- Changed the default hz to 48khz, which seems to have increased audio quality across the board.
- Added Hat Tip emote.
- Added Shake Head emote.
- Added Clap emote.
- Added Point emote.
- Added two filming features: Freeze Cam, which freezes your third person camera in place while you walk around, and smooth camera movement. See the controls tab for their bindings.
- Changed how the Paint Tool works so that pressing E will change column, and Ctrl-E changes palette. This makes it much easier to quickly select paint colors. Ctrl-Scrolling left and right is still available.
- Fixed the falling wind sound sometimes getting stuck playing nonstop.
- Fixed the default player colors not being in the appearence menu.
- Fixed frame drops from chat display updates.
- Fixed the game trying to load auth files without checking they exist.
- Fixed loading a BRS file always displaying 0 bricks loaded.
- Fixed the game ping timer.
- Fixed up bad tick dependencies causing one frame of lag on updating the ghost brick, increased ghost brick position interpolation speed.
- Fixed item shadows appearing in the wrong place in first person.
- Fixed player capsule being used for collisions with ragdolls, rather than the mesh.
- Fixed fog color in Plate, changed sky curve colors.
- Fixed color lookups being performed for every brick when loading a BRS save file.
- Fixed the flashlight not working properly in some situations (though it is still broken in Simple Graphics Mode, which does not allow dynamic lights)
- Fixed the main menu sometimes trying to open the login dialog when it is already open.
- Fixed the login dialog sometimes entering a broken state where all you can do is quit the game.
- Fixed authentication errors while joining a server leaving the UI in limbo.
- Fixed all sound cue volumes being multiplied by 0.75, making some ingame sound effects 25% quieter.
Version 0.3.5 [09/11/2018]
- Added sound when undo/redo is not available.
- Added sound when selecting/removing bricks.
- Added sound when falling fast.
- Added volume multiplier when landing hard.
- Replaced all movement sounds again.
- Replaced flashlight sounds.
- Improved global attenuation settings.
- Added pirate hat.
- Improved ban player dialog.
- Implemented brick menu search.
- Added keybind to focus brick menu search.
- Added player limit and server name to player list UI.
- Added support for dialogs that don't dim the background.
- Environment dialog no longer dims the background.
- Environment dialog is moved out of the way to the bottom left.
- Added resolution quality setting to options menu.
- Added potato mode toggle to options menu.
- Improved options menu controls, can now preview and revert settings.
- Middle clicking a brick in the brick list places it in your temp slot.
- Removed halloween surprise in main menu.
- Removed halloween surprise in studio map.
- Fixed sending a chat message with free mouse enabled removing focus from the viewport.
- Fixed moving the cursor outside the window pointing tools at your camera.
- Fixed being able to use ghost bricks without building permissions.
- Fixed ctrl-click with paint tool not working in multiplayer.
- Fixed other players' items sometimes not being positioned correctly.
- Fixed free mouse key not being listed in help dialog.
- Fixed day/night selection in environment dialog for studio map.
- Fixed player by name search using starts with instead of contains.
- Fixed bad default plugin sending host names of clients to the server.
- Fixed earthquake noise when holding jump below a brick.
- Fixed other players blocking third person camera.
- Fixed hat coloring sometimes not working properly.
- Fixed global trust synchronization running too often.
- Fixed moderator role being above the admin role.
- Fixed "metalic" typo.
Version 0.3.4 [31/10/2018]
- Fixed switching to night studio not working on dedicated servers.
Version 0.3.3 [31/10/2018]
- Added 2x2f round plate.
- Added 2x height ramp presets.
- Added 4x ramp corner adapter presets.
- Added night lighting scenario for Studio map.
- Added more audio reverb zones in Studio map.
- Environment dialog can now switch lighting scenarios on Studio.
- Added jump and land sounds.
- Added sound for opening/closing dialogs.
- Added sounds for walking with items.
- Added sounds for undo/redo.
- Replaced footstep sounds.
- Replaced building sounds.
- Replaced UI sounds.
- Added kick/ban dialogs.
- Added kick/ban buttons in the player list.
- Fixed crash when trying to fly immediately after spawning.
- Fixed player names not hiding with the HUD.
- Fixed label background on paint tool not being transparent.
Version 0.3.2 [30/10/2018]
- Limited brick row placing to 100 bricks at a time.
- More extensive logging on bad responses to API requests.
- Fixed crash when using a SM4 GPU and placing opaque bricks.
- Fixed being unable to save a brs file that starts with two periods.
- Fixed missing security checks when entering a save file name.
- Fixed being able to change your player name on servers.
- Fixed owner only restriction in set player limit command.
- Fixed clearing your own bricks not being allowed by default.
- Fixed brick replication not starting when spawn is far away from zero.
- Fixed being unable to respawn with a deleted player.
- Fixed being unable to edit your avatar while having a tool equipped.
- Fixed trust buttons and indicators on player list showing wrong state.
- Fixed inability to login again with an invalid stored session token.
- Fixed various broken functionality on linux dedicated server that depends on regex.
Version 0.3.1 [28/10/2018]
- Added more 3x ramp presets.
- Added 1x1f tile plate preset.
- Updated the help/controls menu.
- Middle clicking bricks with the hammer now shows you the owner.
- Can now load save files with different ownership.
- Fixed crash when joining a server with ghost bricks on it.
- Fixed status message text not fading completely.
- Fixed jump sound not having correct distance fade settings.
- Fixed profile button on player list opening dead link.
- Fixed options menu showing "Ultra" settings that don't exist.
- Fixed first person sit animation.
Version 0.3.0 [28/10/2018]
- Removed all placeholder assets.
- Fixed bad collision and coverage on all bricks.
- Added procedural brick with presets.
- Added procedural ramp with presets.
- Added procedural inverted ramp with presets.
- Added procedural ramp corner with presets.
- Added procedural inverted ramp corner with presets.
- Added procedural inner ramp corner with presets.
- Added procedural inverted inner ramp corner with presets.
- Added procedural tile plate with presets.
- Multi-user undo/redo functionality for all building actions.
- Now imports collision shapes for custom bricks using FBX.
- New intermediate data structure for brick meshes.
- New procedural brick creation tools using mesh descriptions.
- Automated coverage group detection for imported and generated bricks.
- Improved ghost brick synchronization and reduced bandwidth usage.
- Bricks can now have owners, or a public owner.
- Players can now trust each other to modify their bricks.
- Trust is stored on the master server and synchronized automatically.
- Added "tip hat" emote.
- Modified emotes to use animation montages.
- Ability to move the camera during emotes.
- Ability to play multiple emotes at the same time.
- Fixed one pixel white line in emote selector.
- Fixed first person hand not showing during emotes.
- Character customization features (press H).
- Improvements and fixes to the player model.
- Cleaned up and optimized the animation blueprint.
- Added smoothing when equipping or removing an item.
- Added alternating jump animations (left/right).
- Can now change weather presets.
- Fixed inefficient environment UI synchronization.
- Fixed dialog spam when opening the UI without permission.
- Improvements to Studio map.
- Improvements the paint UI.
- Replaced the default colorset.
- Improvements to chat history scrolling.
- Ability to copy bricks and colors using middle mouse.
- Now using vertical FOV instead of horizontal.
- Can now set passwords for your servers.
- Can now save only your own bricks.
- Replaced ghost brick material.
- Added "report bug" button.
- Fixed ability to move the brick off grid in orbit mode.
- Fixed Z-fighting on paintings in Studio map.
- Fixed server list always showing the password icon.
- Fixed flashlight not moving up/down when shadow quality is set to low.
- Fixed paint laser disappearing when the player is off screen.
- Fixed crash when pressing escape while logging in.
- Fixed saving build silently failing if the name is invalid.
- Fixed item shadows in first person.
- Fixed issue with mouse color selection.
- Fixed ability to spam-click tools.
Version 0.2.4 [17/06/2018]
- Added commands to set and clear the global spawn location.
- Fixed footstep sounds not fading with distance.
- Fixed moving on ground not canceling sit emote.
Version 0.2.3 [17/06/2018]
- Added a permission for being able to use flying.
- Chat commands now handle strings wrapped in quotes as a single argument.
- Added an indicator for the length and spacing of your ghost brick row.
- Empty inventory slots are now skipped and not scrolled to.
- Replaced join sound with a more fitting one.
- Server list now displays total players and servers.
- Fixed typing status updates causing reliable RPC spam, sometimes disconnecting clients for overflow.
- Fixed chat background disappearing when used multiple times with free mouse.
- Fixed long error messages causing disconnect window to stretch off screen.
- Fixed typo in controls menu.
- Fixed ghost bricks sometimes moving down when rotating in orbit mode.
- Fixed valid links not embedding correctly in chat.
- Fixed roles being saved for players with no roles.
- Fixed player name cache causing problems if a name is now used by a different id.
- Fixed not being able to hear other players brick breaking sounds.
- Fixed painting continuing after death.
- Fixed chat breaking somewhat randomly in the middle of the screen.
- Fixed missing faces on lamps in Studio.
- Fixed footstep sounds lagging behind the animation.
- Fixed an entry in controls being listed twice.
- Fixed orientation of ghost brick resetting when equipping the brick tool again.
- Fixed brick alignment issues in Studio.
- Fixed rapidly entering and leaving orbit mode sometimes hiding the player.
- Fixed scrolling quickbar with only one brick in it closing the quickbar.
- Fixed inefficient and dead code in player blueprint.
- Fixed being unable to join a server by double click after selecting it.
- Fixed replacing the brick in the current quickbar slot not updating the ghost brick.
- Fixed permissions still attempting to run on the client side.
- Fixed console spam by directional light in Studio.
- Fixed console spam by brick replication (verbose logs no longer necessary).
- Fixed lightmap artifacts on the walls in Studio.
- Fixed floating handles in Studio.
- Fixed bad post processing settings in Studio.
- Fixed mouse capture on right click only not working correctly.
- Fixed server launch script for linux using windows line endings.
- Temporarily fixed scrolling paint fx by reverting wrap around scrolling change until 0.3.
Version 0.2.2 [05/06/2018]
- Scrolling paint rows now wraps around to the beginning.
- Double click a server in the server list to join it.
- Servers remove themselves from the server list when closing.
- Player names now fade out at a distance of 1000 studs.
- Emotes can be selected by simply moving the mouse and releasing G.
- Added 3x height brick presets.
- Fixed being unable to respawn with free mouse enabled.
- Fixed parsing of links that contain & and = characters in chat.
- Fixed network and travel error messages not being displayed properly.
- Fixed login dialog not focusing the email field when opening.
- Fixed being able to use tools while having open dialogs.
- Fixed placeholder text in recent features box in main menu.
- Fixed full changelog button in the main menu opening the wrong url.
- Fixed dedicated servers creating an unnecessary separate config folder.
- Fixed typo in the success message after saving a build.
- Fixed controls dialog missing info about flying and flashlights.
- Fixed various crashes in brick replication.
- Fixed server list duplicating entries when refreshed too fast.
- Fixed register button on login dialog opening the wrong url.
- Fixed permissions attempting to save on clients.
- Fixed kick and ban commands missing permission checks.
- Fixed teleporting other players missing permission checks.
- Fixed being able to use items while dead.
- Fixed roles not saving properly.
- Fixed incorrect sound concurrency settings.
- Fixed player being able to jump ridiculously high.
- Fixed player camera not being at eye height.
- Added verbose logging to brick replication to try and track down the disconnections.
Version 0.2.1 [04/06/2018]
- Fixed extremely common crash when using items. (hopefully)
- Fixed hammer and footstep sounds not fading with distance.
- Fixed camera pointing in the wrong direction when suiciding in first person.
Version 0.2.0 [03/06/2018]
- Completely overhauled the Studio map.
- Completely overhauled the UI. Many new UIs have been created.
- Completely overhauled building controls, now using a quickbar for bricks.
- Orbit mode allows keyboard-based building, while orbiting the ghost brick.
- Ability to switch between crosshair and free mouse for all tools.
- Permissions and roles system, so you can decide what players are allowed to do on your server.
- Builds can now be saved to highly compressed brs files, and loaded again.
- Clients with permission can upload save files to the server.
- Day/Night cycle for Plate map.
- Auth system. You can log in to the game using your tester account.
- Server list. You can easily see who is hosting what and join them.
- Player list. Allows you to see all the players on the server and their roles.
- Models and animations for the building, painting and hammer tool.
- Improved model and animations for the player.
- Emote wheel. Express yourself!
- You can now see other people's ghost bricks.
- New options menu. Configure the graphics your way!
- Linux support. Not tested well, but appears to work.
- Transparent bricks and brick colors!
- Custom brick material support. Default set includes Glow and Metalic.
- New /Kick, /Ban and /Unban commands for administrative roles.
- Added dialog framework to greatly simplify UI window management and reduce UI related bugs.
- Client side prediction for character movement.
- Improved efficiency of brick grid insertion by about 2x.
- Holding page up/page down will continously scroll the chat history.
- Chat history now has an indicator for how far you scrolled through it.
- Chat history persists between servers.
- You can now hide the HUD with F3.
- Links in the chat are now clickable.
- The ghost brick will now move smoothly between positions.
- Default set of chess bricks. You know you wanted it.
- Fixed bad row dragging math.
- Fixed camera origin being offset while a character is in ragdoll mode.
- Fixed not being able to respawn if your ragdoll got deleted.
- Fixed the player rotating to face X+ when flying directly up or down.
- Fixed the brick list scrolling to the top when closed and reopened.
- Fixed inefficiency and general strangeness when rendering brick previews.
- Fixed the game failing to start on Windows 7 and below due to incompatible debug DLLs.
- Fixed missing error message when loading a bls file fails for any reason.
- Fixed server connection failure returning you to the main menu without any notice.
- Fixed player starts getting easily buried under bricks.
- Fixed rare crash when destroying brick render data.
Version 0.1.3 [29/03/2018]
- Added dedicated server support, use Launch Server.bat to create one.
- The server now rejects connections from outdated clients automatically.
- Preview of the emote menu for 0.2, press L to see it.
- Added ragdoll death, use ctrl+k to trigger it.
- Fixed game always launching in fullscreen.
- Fixed unnecessary plugins, like VR integrations, being packaged by default.
- Fixed loading bricks being able to create overlapping ones.
- Fixed being able to teleport to yourself.
- Fixed being able to teleport other players to themselves.
- Fixed speaking only with markdown characters allowing you to send empty messages.
- Fixed not being able to send single markdown control characters.
- Fixed it being possible to lock the chat by clicking the game while it is open.
- Fixed it being possible to lock the game by opening chat and brick list at the same time.
- Fixed typing a chat message while the building interface is open removing the cursor.
- Fixed typing indicator escaping special characters.
- Fixed coverage not updating properly on clients.
- Fixed game crashing when changing effects quality.
- Fixed bugs with paint UI.
- Fixed being to open game menus over each other.
- Fixed division by 0 error in player animation blueprint.
Version 0.1.2 [26/03/2018]
- Fixed /TP command not working properly.
- Fixed plant brick sound playing to the host, rather than to the client that planted the brick.
- Fixed player collision box being too short.
- Fixed minor display bugs with the colorset.
- Fixed being able to set an empty name.
Version 0.1.1 [25/03/2018]
- Added a command to show the number of players (/playercount).
- Added a command to list all the players (/listplayers).
- Fixed being able to set an insanely long player name.
- Fixed log file not being written in shipping build.
- Fixed players disconnecting due to reliable buffer overflow.
Version 0.1.0 [24/03/2018]
- Added WIP kitchen map.
- Brick grids can now be chunked.
- Brick replication now works based on chunks.
- Mesh clusters are now generated separately for each chunk.
- Faces hidden between adjacent bricks are now culled from the mesh clusters.
- Added basic painting tool.
- Added basic delete tool.
- Procedural bricks can now be placed in the world.
- Added sideways building support and a few bricks that use it.
- New player model with new idle/walk/run/strafe/fly animations.
- Upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.19.0.
- Added a configurable draw distance limit.
- Massively reduced server-side memory usage of brick replication.
- Main Menu and Pause Menu buttons now have sound effects and animations.
- Multiple optimizations to async brick mesh building.
- It is now possible for players to raise/lower their hands.
- Added sounds for brick drag/place/delete.
- Jumping repeats while space is held down.
- You can pick bricks from the world to quickly place more of the same type.
- Parsing save files and preparing bricks now runs in an async task.
- Moving the mouse to the edge of the screen while building now rotates the camera.
- Players now have names above them.
- Added a command to display the brick count (/brickcount).
- Added an indicator for whether brick replication is currently streaming updates.
- Loading a build now shows a message saying how many bricks were loaded.
- Main menu logo updated.
- Basic movement now works with a controller.
- Fixed mouse not being captured properly on game start.
- Fixed missing character shadow in first person.
- Fixed UI upscaling being enabled beyond 1080p.
- Fixed brick icons being pixelated on less than 1080p resolutions.
- Fixed brick replication ignoring the bandwidth limit and saturating the connection.
- Fixed various bugs with markdown messages in chat.
- Fixed bad transparency sorting on ghost bricks (made them not transparent).
- Fixed chat messages designated for the host being sent to all clients instead.
- Fixed crash when loading a save file before the brick assets are loaded.
- Fixed console spam when chat messages appear onscreen.
- Fixed not being able to load a save file whose name contains special characters.
- Fixed incorrect collision on legacy bricks.
- Fixed servers randomly freezing after a few minutes.